Endometriosis Laparoscopic Treatment
Surgery can diagnose endometriosis, they can be treated by 2 ways via removal (excision) or burning (fulguration) of endometriosis lesions. Woman have option to remove her ovaries or in some cases uterus. Which will result in infertility. A woman cannot become pregnant if she does not have a uterus.
Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, surgery to remove the uterus and cervix (total hysterectomy) as well as both the ovaries may be the suggested best treatment. Hysterectomy is normally considered as a last resort, especially for women in their reproductive age.
Now treatment depends on
- Extent of disease.
- Severity of symptoms like pain.
- Desire for child bearing.
For severe symptoms, the options can be
- Medicines to control pain
- Hormones to stop Endometriosis from getting worse.
- Surgery to remove cysts due to Endometriosis, nodules, adhesions and to free the surrounding organs which are stuck up.
- Surgery to remove the entire uterus, tubes and ovaries.